[wpkg-users] [wpkg-announce] WPKG 1.1.1-M3, lots of new features

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Apr 7 16:14:55 CEST 2008

Rainer Meier schrieb:

(...)

> Just call it - on machines where it applies to it will install the
> package (and even exit with appropriate installer exit code). On all
> other systems it is simply skipped. Here I suggest to use the
> execute="once" flag on package definition level. This makes sure the
> installation takes place only once. On machines where it is skipped WPKG
> still assumes that the package is installed properly (exit code 0, no
> checks defined within the package).

This is what I wanted to avoid (more or less what I do now): such
approach results i.e. that package "A_wireless" will be "installed" on
all machines:
- on machine_type_A, a full installer will be started;
- on machine_type_B, this package will be present in wpkg.xml only
because we did exit with a specified code in a batch script.

And such approach assumes we do no checks for Software Add/remove
presence - no integration with WPKG.

In other words, a quick check in wpkg.xml on machine_type_B will reveal
that it has machine_type_A drivers installed. Not necessarily a problem,
but it can cause some misinformation.

>> Does it sound sane?
>
> Slightly insane? ;-)
> No. Well, I will think about it - but no priority on it, especially
> since there are numerous ways to achieve it already with current
> implementation.

Yep.