[wpkg-users] wpkg.js crashing?

Brian May brian at vpac.org
Mon Apr 21 02:06:37 CEST 2008

Rainer Meier wrote:
> Right click "my computer", select "manage", click "Event Viewer", right
> click "Application", chose "Clear all Events".

Ok, if I got to log file properties, I see that the log file size is
65,536 bytes long.

The maximum size of the log file is setup to 512KB,
and "overwrite events older then 7 days" is selected, not "overwrite
events as needed".

I can't help but wonder if maybe the real limit is 64KB, at least this
would explain why it isn't logging anything any more. It seems too much
of a coincidence that the file size is exactly 65,536 bytes.

I guess it would be appropriate to ask if I can use wpkg to change the
default setting to "Overwrite events as needed?" Presumable the value is
in the registry somewhere?

Brian May