[wpkg-users] wpkg.js crashing?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Mon Apr 21 15:38:28 CEST 2008

Hi Brian,

Brian May wrote:
> Here if any exception occurs, error is called which tries to log a
> message via the log function. However I just established that the the
> log function probably causes an exception when trying to write to the
> event handler - Guess what - it will cause an exception again when
> trying to log the fact that the previous log attempt failed - there is
> nothing to catch this exception - the result being the application WILL
> die without any errors being displayed.

Well, I think you're right regarding this issue. However to log events
to any facility (STDERR, log file, event log...) you have to rely on
certain system resources and API calls. I will try to improve the error
handling as much as possible and try establish the following priority:

- log to event log
   - log to log file if event log throws an exception
     - log to STDOUT/STDERR if even logfile writing fails