[wpkg-users] wpkg.js crashing?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Apr 22 09:00:36 CEST 2008

Hi Brian,

Brian May wrote:
> This is pure speculation:
>
> * When I pushed OK on the dialog box yesterday, it expanded the file
> size to the size specified in the control, which I assumed was the
> current size.
>
> * The problem with logging events was because the current size of 64kb
> was being exceeded.
>
> * For some reason the "Overwrite events older then 7 days" was not
> working, as many events look older then 7 days. Or maybe, like the size
> setting it wasn't really the current value until after I pushed OK.

So to me it looks like your system was somehow behaving oddly regarding
the event log size and auto-purging. Anyway, this strange behavior
allowed us to discover and fix a problem in WPKG which could happen in
very rare cases - and therefore is very hard to trace and debug.
Finally we solved this issue (see release of WPKG 1.0.2 and WPKG
1.1.0-M5) once forever.

Thanks for your support.

WPKG is getting more and more stable ;-)