[wpkg-users] Installer upgrade trouble...

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Apr 30 21:53:57 CEST 2008

Marco Gaiarin schrieb:
> Mandi! Tomasz Chmielewski
>   In chel di` si favelave...
>
>> Some may want to install on startup as well.
>
> Mmmhhh... someone may want to 'execute something' on startup, i think
> that everyone want to install the software, when they are installed can
> be a detail...

Defaulting to installation on shutdown may be a good idea.

As of bootup and logon delay, what about this one ("offline mode")?

* we change the "server" - we specify the server and time:
   - we try to connect to the server every second for the time we specified
   - if we couldn't connect during the specified time, we disable logon
window and end the process
   - additional switch - "keep trying in the background for ...
minutes"; there is no logon delay window anymore, but we try to connect
in the background, and if it succeeds, install/upgrade

* "script" logic stays as it was

?