[wpkg-users] Manage those printers

Dany Chouinard chouinard.dany at csob.qc.ca
Mon Dec 15 16:04:39 CET 2008

Hi everybody.

I already use the PrintUIEntry directive to add printer onto systems,
but even if it is a command line tools, if anything appends it require
you to click the "ok" button avoiding all the benefits of an unattended
installation.

However I lack some fine control.  printUIEntry is far from enough.  I
would wish something more versatile, yet not being the AD and Group
Policy.

And just to make things little more difficults, I still runs Win2k on
few hundred machins.

I don't mind to script a little.  But I need to be able to list
currently available printers, remove those that I don't want anymore
based on this list and add the one I wants.

I basicly want to know, what are you guys using to manage installed
printers?

--
  Dany CHOUINARD
  Technicien en informatique               -o)

  tél. 819.825.4220 ext. 3041
  cel. 819.856.6892
  skype. dchouinard
  courriel. chouinard.dany at csob.qc.ca