[wpkg-users] Use of a Lock file

Brian Reese breese at boston-engineering.com
Mon Dec 8 20:59:38 CET 2008

Hey,

I had an issue a few weeks ago about consecutive package installation of Pro/E. I tried doing a depends that didnt work that well, and I also saw a suggestion for creating a batch script that waits for a long period of time(30mins) before moving on. I wanted to combine these two approaches and I think you could do it with a lock file such as used in the Unix world. I'm not that familiar, but essentially a lock file is a file you create while you are running a script and the last step is delete it. That way, the next script can check for the existence of the file, once the file is no longer found, it will move on. Is there any way to incorporate this in WPKG or am i stuck writing my own script as a wrapper. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Brian Reese
IT Desktop Support
Boston Engineering
411 Waverly Oaks Rd. Suite 114