[wpkg-users] wpkg client - running at startup AND shutdown?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Dec 15 22:55:56 CET 2008

Grzegorz Marszałek schrieb:
> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to use wpkg not only to installing applications, but also
> for backup. My solution is rdiff-backup, and I'd like to launch it at
> system shutdown - when there are no open files, or problems with data
> changing during backup etc. Now I can limit those problems using
> vshadow.exe command and my custom scripts. Works quite well, but
> rather slow, especially during system boot, when I run those script
> and backup is made.
>
> It wolud be great, if wpkg client would be albe to run wpkg (using
> different SOFTWARE variable, or diffirent config.xml file) at startup
> AND shutdown of the system. And question to Tomasz: Is that possible
> and planned?

It's not possible and it seems that it's the way the services are
working in Windows. So it's not planned.
Unless someone knows better and can provide a fix.

If you really need such a feature, as a workaround, you can use group
policy to start the things (i.e., a script) during startup and shutdown.