[wpkg-users] How to Deploy WPKG client with group policy??

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Dec 17 11:26:39 CET 2008

Greg Kavanagh schrieb:
> I was using the generic format from the AD page and I am using 1.36
>
> I still can't get it to work. It starts the installer at login and
> fails with the error "you need administrative privileges to run this
> tool" which strikes me as an error from the WPKGinst.exe rather than a
> MS error.
>
> I posted the install log. If anyone more knowledgeable could have a
> quick look I'd appreciate it.

According to the log, it installed correctly:

MSI (s) (14:E4) [14:47:25:031]: Product: WPKG -- Installation completed
successfully.

MSI (s) (14:E4) [14:47:25:047]: Windows Installer installed the product.
Product Name: WPKG. Product Version: 1.3.6. Product Language: 1033.
Installation success or error status: 0.

What and when displays these errors you mention? Could you provide a
screenshot? Did you check the Event Log?