[wpkg-users] Environment variable processing.

K.E.Jones at bton.ac.uk K.E.Jones at bton.ac.uk
Fri Dec 19 23:42:33 CET 2008

Hi,

 I'm really sorry to disturb you both. You're busy, it's Christmas,
there's a lot of things to do and I really appreciate that.

 This is another of my "general" comments so I've changed the subject to
not hijack his thread  :-)

 Chris's problems could stem from a number of issues in the WPKG code. I
can see that the 1.10-M6 doesn't set variables during the removePackage
function which could have some bad effects if a remove occurs before an
install does. i.e. The remove will fail if you try to use environment
variables as they don't get set.

 It's just a legacy issue and the code just needs filling out and
re-factoring to handle things.

 The save/loadEnv routines aren't perfect either as is noted in the
TODO.

 I'll try and bug some thoughts on it. I think that you'll probably
already have thought these ones through but I have some sideline
concepts that might be worth a shot.

 Now all I have to do is categorise these thoughts... {grrrr}...
Bugzilla needs a "I was just thinking.."
category ;-)

Have a Merry Christmas (and a Happy New Year too!) if I don't get a
reply in time,

 Muchos kudos,

Keith