[wpkg-users] wpkg via Group Policies

grubi CAGYKZCNMKSY at spammotel.com
Fri Feb 1 10:28:37 CET 2008

Hi.

Whereas the wpkg service is a nice thing I still prefer
using a group policy startup script at least within Active
Directoy environments. To make the end user experience
a bit more pleasent I wrote a small program called
wpkgMessage which displays a splash screen during
installation. This splash screen can also be updated from
within the package scripts so the package which is currently
beeing installed will be displayed. If anyone is beeing
interrested please let me know so I can share it with the
community.

For inter process communication I'm using mailslots
which is quite straight forward. IMHO it would be
a good idea to implement something similar directly
into wpkg. This way any third party program like
wpkg service could connect to the mailslot and
track status and progress of the wpkg installation
process.

Regards,
grubi.