[wpkg-users] [a bit OT] (Local) Group Policy and WPKG...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Fri Feb 1 18:25:10 CET 2008

Mandi! Marco Gaiarin
  In chel di` si favelave...

> Probably the 'old' policy are still the best method against WPKG hacks,
> but i'm not sure about that...

Ok, i've googled a bit around and found some good link, but no
definitive solution.

A good point is:

	http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-October/112779.html

and particulary:

	http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-October/112866.html

seems like M$ say that with some little hack (removing some 'ifdef')
group policy can became system policy.

I've done some tests and if i've managed to get poledit.exe to 'eat'
windows xp system.adm template file, things seems a bit far from been
functional.

Eg, seems that 'windows xp' policy/administrative template have to be
'decompiled' (eg, with novell tools) and the re-edited heavily.

Someone have some deeper experience in this? I'll ask also on italian
samba mailing lists.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/