[wpkg-users] reboot command

Dany Chouinard chouinard.dany at csob.qc.ca
Wed Feb 20 15:14:15 CET 2008

Greeting everyone.

I ran into a slight problem yesterday and hosetly, I don't know if it is
a WPKG or unattened problem.  So cross-posting this morning!

Sometimes, I need to be able to run unattended scripts for software
installation (autoit based, or for nasty programs like NetSupport School
that tries to detect the screen during the setup.  I guess it would have
helped me too for my IE6 deployement of last week).

To switch from WPKG to unattened, I wrote the XML found at the end of
this messages.

And it worked well, at least as I expected, under Windows 2000.

But the problem is when I ran this on my WinXP lab, it simply waited the
full logon delay that I specified in the WPKG service and proposed the
usual CTRL-ALT-DEL prompt.  When I pressed the CTRL-ALT-DEL, it directly
logged my in local Administrator and continue the script.

So, for some reason, WinXP doesn't run the line z:\bin\todo.pl .reboot.
Is there an alternative that I could use that would work in both
environnement.

Dany Chouinard

<package id="nss"
name="NetSupport School"
revision="1"
reboot="true"
priority="0">
<check type="logical" condition="or">
  <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="NetSupport School" />
  <check type="file" condition="exists" path="c:\legacy\nss" />
</check>
<install cmd="%COMSPEC% /c if not exist c:\legacy\nul mkdir c:
\legacy" />
<install cmd="%COMSPEC% /c mkdir c:\legacy\nss" >
  <exit code="0" />
  <exit code="1" />
</install>
<install cmd="%COMSPEC% /c  \\ntinstall\install\bin\autolog.pl --logon=1
--user=%computername%\administrateur --password=wonttellbutalmostdid" />
<install cmd="%COMSPEC% /c copy /y \\ntinstall\install\scripts
\PERMCRED.BAT c:\netinst" />
<install cmd="%COMSPEC% /c c:\netinst\mapznrun.bat z:\bin
\todo.pl .reboot " />
<install cmd='%COMSPEC% /c z:\bin\todo.pl "autolog.pl --logon=0"' />
<install cmd="%COMSPEC% /c z:\bin\todo.pl nss" />
<install cmd="%COMSPEC% /c z:\bin\todo.pl .reboot " />
<install cmd="%COMSPEC% /c z:\bin\todo.pl --go "/>
</package>

--
  Dany CHOUINARD
  Technicien en informatique               -o)

  tél. 819.825.4220 ext. 3041
  cel. 819.856.6892
  skype. dchouinard
  courriel. chouinard.dany at csob.qc.ca