[wpkg-users] Preventing xcopy, unzip and batch overruns. Help!

matt - OpenPlan IT matt at openplanit.co.uk
Wed Feb 27 12:59:02 CET 2008

Hi,

I am having a few problems with installing programs without installers
and extensions to thunderbird and mozilla (on a per machine basis). I
have read on the WPKG config files documentation, that the commands
overfill and that they must be set to quiet (or >null) but I am not sure
how to do this. I attach a couple of examples below.

<install
            cmd='"%WPKGROOT%\tools\unzip" -o
"%SOFTWARE%\lightning\lightning-0.7-tb-win.xpi" -d
"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla
Thunderbird\extensions\{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}"' />

This same method works perfectly for smaller programs such as enigmail
but overfills with lightning.

<install cmd='cmd /c "xcopy /E /Y %SOFTWARE%\kompozer\0710\*.*
"%PROGRAMFILES%\KompoZer\""' />

This works fine at the comandline or as a batchfile. I've tried running
a the batch file from wpkg and also running unzip but all seem to crash
halfway through.

Any advice would be very greatfully recieved.
Cheers
Matt