[wpkg-users] WPKG Client 1.2rc6 service doesnt install or start (XP SP2)

Phil Burrow philburrow at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 01:49:02 CET 2008

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> This seems to be an issue for some users. Perhaps we should add a domain
> automatically if none was present. Right now, I'll add it to the FAQ.

Sorry for the double post, but having read your FAQ entry you describe a
different issue to the one I had! I added the domain to the connection
user ("wpkg") rather than the one under which WPKG runs (which I left as
SYSTEM).

I was logged on as a local administrator on the workstation, so Windows
was probably submitting WORKSTATION\wpkg as the user rather than
DOMAIN\wpkg. Although the test function on the client showed OK.

Hope this clarifies a little anyway.

Phil