[wpkg-users] MS Office 2003 problem

Jens Geile jens.geile at mzbs.de
Mon Jul 14 14:20:26 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to install Microsoft Office 2003 Professional with WPKG but as soon as I copy the install source dir onto my server I keep getting exit code 1603 when I run the following command:

<install cmd='"%SOFTWARE_ISERV%\msoff2k3pro\setup.exe" /qn ADDLOCAL=ALL REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 PIDKEY=%ci_msoff2k3pro%"' />

All other combinations like
<install cmd='msiexec /qn /i "%SOFTWARE_ISERV%\msoff2k3pro\pro11.msi" ADDLOCAL=ALL REBOOT=ReallySuppress ALLUSERS=1 PIDKEY=%ci_msoff2k3pro%"' />
or the likes are also failing with exit code 1603.

The thing is that it works fine when I use these commands when running directly from the CD and even if I run it off of the local harddisk. But as soon as I try running it from the server it fails.
I also tried creating and administrative installation point with /a but even from that installation point I keep getting exit code 1603.

I'm kind of out of ideas here.... Any ideas?

-
jens