[wpkg-users] Ideas for features.

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Jul 1 12:42:37 CEST 2008

Hi Brian,

Brian May wrote:
> This check could be quite useful, e.g.
>
> if (not mains powered && battery < 20 mins left) {
>   skip wpkg stuff
> }
>
> (no point turning on your laptop computer to find wpkg drains the last
> bit of battery life on installing package updates you didn't need)
>
> and/or maybe:
>
> if (wireless network connection) {
>   skip wpkg stuff  // so not to overload wireless network
> }
>
> Not sure how you could implement either one though.

Yes, I agree that in some cases it could be useful but not as a package
check because this check is totally unrelated to the package install status.

Such checks should be executed prior to wpkg execution - WPKG client
already supports such pre-execution checks.

As I proposed such "tools" which allow to do such checks and exit with
certain exit codes could be created and provided as a tool set.