[wpkg-users] WPKG Client 1.3.3 released (testing release)

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Jul 8 19:21:56 CEST 2008

Marco Gaiarin schrieb:
> Mandi! Tomasz Chmielewski
>   In chel di` si favelave...
>
>> If WPKG Client service is not running, wpkgmessage window should not
>> display. If it does for you, it's a bug (unless you were artificially
>> interrupting the service etc.).
>
> I've tried with 1.2.1: if i use 'modalità provvisoria' (emergency
> mode? F8 at boot, to be clear...) the WPKGbanner does not start. Good,
> very good.
>
> But if i put the service to 'manual' and start windows normally, all
> the logon delay have to pass to be able to login.

Don't set it to manual, then (or set it to "disabled"). ;)

Adding a check to the banner process (* that it is a system start; *
that WPKG service is set to manual) might be a good idea.

> Another trouble with 1.2.1 (or wpkg.js 1.0.2?):
>
> I've finally deployed my recipe to upgrade from 0.9 to 1.2.1: all
> works, but if i restart the WPKG service as logged on, the reboot are
> triggered and executed, but if upgrade at boot, i can see on system
> event the reboot triggered, but nothing happened.

Adding /norestart to MSI flags and reboot="false" to the XML file should
prevent rebooting... Or, where is rebooting happening?