[wpkg-users] The network location cannot be reached

Mark Nienberg gmane at tippingmar.com
Thu Jul 10 01:01:49 CEST 2008

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> And, the most important - was the logon delay window shown unnecessarily
> long when "The network location cannot be reached" in 1.3.4?

The logon delay was not unnecessarily long, so that part of 1.3.4 works for me.

I have also been experimenting with the offline mode as you suggested. I wrote a
vbscript program to implement a delay and wanted to use it as the custom script but I
could not get it to work.  The test complains about a bad path.  I tried to set the
custom script to:

cscript C:\delay.vbs 15

Where the 15 is seconds for the delay.

Later I also tried to use a simple ".bat" batch file with a delay in it so I would
not have to call cscript first, but the log shows that although wpkg client is using
the custom script, nothing is actually run.

Anyway, using the built-in check with a 10 second max, does seem to increase the
frequency of successful connections.  I'll watch it for a few days on the machines
that are having this problem.

Mark