[wpkg-users] MS Office 2003 problem

Jens Geile jens.geile at mzbs.de
Mon Jul 14 16:19:51 CEST 2008

Hi,

> I don't want to state the obvious but have you checked that SKU011.CAB exists in your installation point?
Lol, yeah. Of course all the files are there...

> have a read of this
> http://www.winserverkb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/sms-distribution/362/office-2003-unattended-install-problem-to-advanced-client
D'OH!!! ARGH!!! GNA!!!

I checked the original sku011.xml against the sku011.xml on the server and see what? They differ in size. Running a diff on both files didn't reveal any differences at first but ... after copying the files from a Windows machine to the server using WinSCP all the line-breaks in the file had been changed to ^M. -.-
After switching WinSCP into binary transfer mode instead of automatic the friggin installation FINALLY works!!!

YAY!

-
jens