[wpkg-users] Question about / suggestion for wpkg.xml

Denis Scheither amorphis at uni-bremen.de
Mon Jun 30 19:39:24 CEST 2008

Hi,

as far as I understand the handling of wpkg.xml, package information will be
imported into the file when
1. there is a new package for the computer or
2. the package revision number was increased.

But if you for example realize that the check is to specific (works on some
computers, on others not) or the deinstall string is wrong and increase the
revision number to update the package information in the local wpkg.xml, the
software will be installed again (update command).

Is there a way to tell wpkg to only update the info in wpkg.xml without
installing the software? Otherwise I would suggest adding such an option
that the wpkg.xml-info will be updated without installing/upgrading the
software and another one which prevents adding the info.

The second option would be useful e.g. for changing user passwords per wpkg
as described in http://wpkg.org/Various_settings (at the moment the admin
password would be logged to wpkg.xml).

Bye,

	Denis