[wpkg-users] WPKG Client 1.3.2 released (testing release) / execution on the system shutdown

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Sat Jun 14 21:55:19 CEST 2008

Tomasz Chmielewski schrieb:
>> Gerd Ott schrieb:
>>> Hallo,
>>> Scheduling the execution on system shutdown works fine on a XP-System
>>> here. Thanks for your investment!
>>>
>>> On a win2000 testbox (SP4, all windows-updates, installer 3.1)
>>> execution does not start on shutdown, no errors in eventlog. Perhaps
>>> it's even not possible with this OS-version?
>> Hmm, I must check.
>>
>> Thanks for reporting.
>
> OK - it does start on shutdown, but it's killed very fast by the system.
> Not good.
>
> Investigating.

I tested once again, and it works just fine. I just had a script in
"execute before" which was exiting very fast with a non-zero exit code...

Otherwise, it works fine on system shutdown on Windows 2000 SP4.

Could you re-verify that it works for you?

One note: when you make changes in wpkginst.exe (i.e. schedule on
shutdown, before was on startup), the changes will be available when you
restart the WPKG service (or machine).
So if you made a change in wpkginst.exe it is proper behaviour that you
didn't see it when you made a shutdown right after that.

Perhaps a "notice" window should be shown to a user to make this clear.