[wpkg-users] WPKG Client 1.3.2 released (testing release)

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Jun 16 22:40:42 CEST 2008

Marco Gaiarin schrieb:
> Mandi! Tomasz Chmielewski
>   In chel di` si favelave...
>
>>> Please, explain a bit how it works... please...
>> Hmm, what works?
>> It schedules either on startup or shutdown.
>> Right now, you can't schedule the service to execute the sequence both
>> on startup and or shutdown.
>> But it will change soon - it will be possible to specify both (and on
>> reboot, if possible).
>
> I meant: service start at boot *AND* shutdown? Or effectively the
> service are started only at boot *OR* shutdown?

Right now, it is scheduled either at start *OR* at shutdown.

This should change to both (and/or) - see some mockups here:

http://wpkg.org/files/mockups/

> There's no download phase, or service start at boot, parse xml and
> download files and then on shutdown install them?

No, nothing like that, and it's not planned so far.

WPKG Client just executes wpkg.js.

Parsing XML is relatively fast so it doesn't make much sense to do it
earlier.

Downloading files at boot, executing the installation on shutdown - yeah
it is some idea, but it would need a lot of changes in both WPKG
(wpkg.js) and WPKG Client. With majority of installers kept on a local
server, I doubt it's worth the effort.