[wpkg-users] WPKG Client 1.3.2 released (testing release)

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Tue Jun 17 12:33:28 CEST 2008

Mandi! Falko Trojahn
  In chel di` si favelave...

> > Downloading files at boot, executing the installation on shutdown - yeah
> > it is some idea, but it would need a lot of changes in both WPKG
> > (wpkg.js) and WPKG Client. With majority of installers kept on a local
> > server, I doubt it's worth the effort.
> I think a "/downloadonly" switch should be easily possible with
> development version of Wpkg (if I understand Marco correctly, for the
> download xml statement).

My intention was not to complicate too much things, indeed...
effectively using local shares do deploy .exe/.msi it is totally
indifferent to download before or not.

I was thinking about network connection troubles, eg, wireless using
'user-based' authentication, that boot without network (wpkg fail), and
disconnect network interfaces so early (stupid microsoft, even before the
profile syncronization phase... ;( ) that also on sutdown wpkg will fail.

Indeed, mine was more or less curiosity... ;)))

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

	   http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php