[wpkg-users] Are we now at stable for the 1.2 release of WPKG Client?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Mar 5 15:26:57 CET 2008

matt - OpenPlan IT schrieb:
> Hello all,
> I was just downloading the WPKG client and noticed that there is a 1.2
> release in the stable directory uploaded on the 15 of Feb. I was
> wondering whether this was the one to use over the rc6 version from
> december? Is it a final release?

Well, yes and no.

Before releasing "the final 1.2 stable" we upgraded our software to
Visual Studio 2008 here. Which we shouldn't do.
As it appears, something changed in Visual Studio, and a 1.2 final
package won't install on a fresh Windows install because of some missing
libraries.

I think the missing library is msvcrt.dll, but I didn't have a chance to
verify it on a clean system yet (any volunteer to install a fresh XP and
test it?).

That being said - there are *no* software differences between the latest
rc and the stable release.

1.2.0 has just a proper release number (1.2.0 vs 1.0.x in the latest
rc), and a missing library - which is why 1.2.0 sources are available
for download, but the binaries are 1.2.0-rc6.

Hope it clarifies a bit.