[wpkg-users] WPKG Client v1.2.1 and slipstreamed WinXP SP3 - fails

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue May 13 21:34:46 CEST 2008

Paul Griffith schrieb:
> On Tue, 13 May 2008 14:12:52 -0400, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>
>> Rainer Meier schrieb:
>>> Hi Paul,

>>> I just did the same on a test installation within VirtualBox - fresh RIS
>>> setup with Slipstreamed SP3. Upgrade path of the RIS image:
>>> - Original Windows XP SP1 german (did not try EN yet)
>>> - Slipstreamed SP2
>>> - Slipstreamed various patches
>>> - Slipstreamed SP3
>> It installed just fine for me on a slipstreamed SP2 + manually installed SP3 -
>> both GUI (2x click on a MSI file) and CLI (msiexec /qb /i ... SETTINGSFILE ...).
>>

> I found my problem, the size of the WPKG Client on our samba server is 2450KB and the copy I just downloaded is 5561KB. It look like I had a bad download. Sorry!! At least we knows it work on Win XP3 ;)

Good. Maybe it would be a good idea to put a md5sum and size of the packages on
the download page?

Anyway, WPKG Client 1.4 is being worked on, and most stuff from
http://wpkg.org/TODO_list#WPKG_Client will be addressed (hopefully: there are
still some tests running if it's possible to start the whole routine properly on
shutdown/reboot).

There are some problems with the reported logon delay window being shown longer
than necessary (i.e., when the network cable is not plugged in), but the bug is
harder to spot than expected.
If anyone has a system which shown this behaviour, and can offer a remote login,
please let me know.