[wpkg-users] Package Renaming [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue May 20 08:28:14 CEST 2008

Michael Chinn schrieb:
> I was planning a mass rename of existing packages to conform with a new
> naming & priority convention and just wondered if anyone else has
> attempted this? Would it be best to remove the local wpkg.xml prior to
> wpkg.js execution so that all the packages reperforms their checks? I
> can for see some issues with 'execute once' pkgs running again

Yeah, removing wpkg.xml seems to be the easiest way if you renamed your
packages.
As you said, you will have problems with packages with no checks
(execute once) - they will be started once again. If there are no big
installers there, it shouldn't be a problem, though.

Another thing you could do is to do the changes in wpkg.xml.
The easiest would be if you kept this in one place (on a remote server -
settable in config.xml).

If this file is stored locally, you may use WPKG Client and execute
before / after to rename entries in wpkg.xml.