[wpkg-users] Profile inconsitency: Package with ID 'imageresize' is listed in profile but ...

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue May 20 10:41:40 CEST 2008

Hi Jose,

Jose Cortijo wrote:
> this is what I have in packages.xml
>     <package
>     id="imageresize"
>     name="Image Resize"
>     revision="1"
>     reboot="false"
>     priority="100"
>     notify="false"
>     execute="always">
>

>     <!--
>     notify="false" - does not notify the user (with "true" user would be
> notified)
>     execute="always" - always executes "install cmd" - sets time in this
> example
>     execute="once" - executes only once, and never again
>     -->
>     <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Image Resizer
> Powertoy for Windows XP" />
>
>     <install
> cmd="\\delchnpek-fs002\wpkg-1.0.2\software\powertoys\ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe
> /S /v/qn" />
>     <remove cmd='msiexec /qb /l* c:\netinst\logs\powertoy.log
> x{1CB92574-96F2-467B-B793-5CEB35C40C29}' />
>
>     </package>

This is fine - except the wrong remove command as outlined by Leon.

> and this is what I have in imageresize.xml
>
>     <package
>     id="imageresize"
>     name="Image Resize"
>     revision="1"
>     reboot="false"
>     priority="100"
>     notify="false"
>     execute="always">
>

>     <!--
>     notify="false" - does not notify the user (with "true" user would be
> notified)
>     execute="always" - always executes "install cmd" - sets time in this
> example
>     execute="once" - executes only once, and never again
>     -->
>     <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Image Resizer
> Powertoy for Windows XP" />
>
>     <install
> cmd="\\delchnpek-fs002\wpkg-1.0.2\software\powertoys\ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe
> /S /v/qn" />
>     <remove cmd='msiexec /qb /l* c:\netinst\logs\powertoy.log
> x{1CB92574-96F2-467B-B793-5CEB35C40C29}' />
>
>     </package>

So this means you have the package in both files:
- packages.xml
- packages/imageresize.xml

This is not needed. Either remove it from packages.xml or remove
imageresize.xml. WPKG will read both files - but the latter one will
overwrite the previous one as the packages need to be unique (by id).

> The installation works fine, now I am trying uninstall the software. I
> remove the entry in profile.xml and profiles\default.xml but the
> software doesnt get uninstalled....

As outlined by Leaon your remove command seems to be broken. I guess you
would see some errors in your logs about failed msiexec. WPKG will
continue to try uninstalling the package. To fix that you might fix your
remove command definition and increase the package version. Then WPKG
will first do an upgrade (including also the new remove command) and
then correctly uninstall it.