[wpkg-users] WPKG and Vista UAC

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri May 23 11:20:23 CEST 2008

Vladimír Pšenička schrieb:
> Yes samba share, samba version is 3.0.24, I dont have ACL support
> enabled. But WPKG path user (domain user) can access samba share (read)
> without problem.

Check your Samba logs.

The easiest way would be to:

Set them to "log level = 3". Make the log size of 1000.

Clear the log (but not remove it!) for the given workstation - from bash
prompt, do:

# >/var/log/samba/log.workstation_name

Then, from a cmd.exe window do (started as Administrator):

net stop "WPKG service"
net start "WPKG service"

Check Samba log for that workstation, it will give you some hint on
where you connect to, with what credentials, and why it fails (or succeeds).