[wpkg-users] WPKG and Vista UAC

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri May 23 13:26:33 CEST 2008

Vladimír Pšenička schrieb:

(...)

>>   guest user (from session setup) not permitted to access this share (install)
>
> problem is that guest user cannot access share, so I added "guest ok =
> yes" to smb.conf, before this I had Domain Admin account in WPKG execute
> context user, so access to share wasn't problem, but Vista with UAC
> didn't work (need to elevate user rights).
>
> Final I have:
> ---
> WPKG path user: domain user
> WPKG execution context user: SYSTEM
> "guest ok = yes" in smb.conf in share definition on samba machine
> ---
>
> and everything works fine on XP and Vista with UAC

Note that with this setting *everyone* can access this share.

What is still not clear for me: is your software share a different one
from the WPKG share (the one where you keep wpkg.js)?

If yes, you may indeed have problems accessing them.

Using one single share for both software (installers) and WPKG (wpkg.js,
config.xml, package definitions) is the recommended one I'd say.