[wpkg-users] Elevated-Execute

Greg Kavanagh greg at concretenoise.com
Wed Nov 19 21:16:31 CET 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to have wpkg-start.bat run silently on users machines who
wouldn't normally have sufficient privileges to install programs. All
are on Vista (why they released it I don't know).

Here's my understanding of what happens with the eleveated-execute.js script:
 It runs a shellExecute  with the 'runas' parameter which requests
elevation. As it is it prompts the user for an admin user name and
password, which they won't have. Is there a way to automagically
elevate it without any user interaction, am i missing something? I
want to use this method to roll out the WPKG client to all the
machines on the network.

Thanks
Greg