[wpkg-users] upgrade adobe acrobat reader 8.1.2 to 8.1.3

K.E.Jones at bton.ac.uk K.E.Jones at bton.ac.uk
Fri Nov 7 23:58:49 CET 2008

Hiya,

- -----Original Message-----
- From: wpkg-users-bounces at lists.wpkg.org [mailto:wpkg-users-
- bounces at lists.wpkg.org] On Behalf Of Adam Williams
- Sent: 07 November 2008 22:01
- Cc: wpkg-users at lists.wpkg.org
- Subject: Re: [wpkg-users] upgrade adobe acrobat reader 8.1.2 to 8.1.3
-
- K.E.Jones at bton.ac.uk wrote:
- > Yep, I know what you're saying but their issue is getting 8.1.1 off
- the
- > system
- > first. They might have needs to keep with 8.1.2. My own IS central
- > services
- > are a bit heavy handed about what "thou shalt not do". :-)
- >
- >  I've a candidate for my vague feeling!
- >
- > http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?14@@.3c061cf7/0
- >
- > About halfway down there's mention of using MSIZAP to kill a 8.1.1/2
- > issue.
- >
- > Keefy
- >
-
- the file i was talking about wasn't msizap.  when I went from 8.1.2 to
- 9, Adobe Reader uninstalled 8.1.2 automagically.

 Automagically!

 I like a bit of that :-)

 Well done! I've been slating Adobe about their terrible installers for
long time now. Maybe for once they've done the business!

 As long as you're sure about v9 killing the v8 issues then I'm happy to
back you up :-)

 I guess it's just time to wait until they try it out with whatever
needs
they have.

Have fun,

Keefy