[wpkg-users] Again this: The network location cannot be reached

Dejan Batic dbatic at un-instraw.org
Thu Oct 23 20:41:11 CEST 2008

I've seen this subject before,  it always gave a lot of problems and I'm not
sure that is even resolved.

 Lately the problem was related to Realtek network card. In my case the
Realtek card is integrated on the motherboard but the curious thing is that
I get the same error when I disable the integrated NIC and put another card
(Davicom, or Intel). The same thing is happening on 4 new PC's! It's Windows
XP Pro SP3.

If I run installation manually, everything installs OK.

The IP is static, the wpkg log is not created. The Event Viewer has this:

WPKG Service trying start...

WPKG Service->RegisterServiceCtrlHandler: successfuly done

WPKG Service->SERVICE_START_PENDING: successfuly done

Starting WPKG on startup

Before create shared memory: successfuly done.

Create shared memory: successfuly done.

Set script security context: successfuly done.

Network resource required

WNetAddConnection2-> The network location cannot be reached. For information
about network troubleshooting, see Windows Help.

Working done. Perform cleanup.

The whole recorded event is logged in the same moment, it lasts only a
second.

There is no logon delay: the message is on the screen only a second and then
it goes away.

I also changed the execution mode to be at system shutdown but the result is
the SAME, with different message:

WNetAddConnection2-> A specified logon session does not exist. It may
already have been terminated.

Dejan