[wpkg-users] Silent install of Client

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Oct 14 14:03:51 CEST 2008

Forsmari schrieb:
> Hi there.
>
> Just found this product. According to the texts read so far it looks like
> the answer to all my wet dreams ;-)
> Of course I ran in to all sorts of problem when i started to use it. After a
> week of playing around with WPKG i´m not "on speaking terms" with the
> funktions.
>
> In my testlab i have a xp-ws with the client manually installed. I have a
> AD-Server with a share containing all thingys used by the client. When i run
> the client it installs perfectly.. check and update .. like a dream.. But
> only one application so far
>
> Now my question.. hmm.. i talk too much
>
> How can i get the client out to my xp-ws.. I´m running as secure as i can.
> That means the users are only "domain users" and can not install it.
>
> I have tried the "msiexec /qb /i WPKGSetup.msi
> SETTINGSFILE=\\0.1.2.3\deploy\settings\settings.xml ALLUSERS=1" but it stops
> with "error cant update allusers" and all other tests with "runas" is just
> giving me a "bad syntax slap-in-the-face"
>
> It was mentioned somewhere about a variable called allusers.. but i just
> cant get some sense out of it.
>
> The solution preferred is in the loginscript..

If you're using Active Directory, you may use its functionality to use
WPKG without WPKG Client:

http://wpkg.org/WPKG_with_Active_Directory

However, if you want to use WPKG Client, you may use wpkg.js to deploy it.

Just add a startup script like:

cscript \\your\server\wpkg\wpkg.js /synchronize

And a package definition from:

http://wpkg.org/WPKG