[wpkg-users] Question about system account

Brian May brian at vpac.org
Fri Oct 17 06:37:20 CEST 2008

Kevin Landers wrote:
> I must say there was a lot of great information there that I never knew.
> Perhaps a suggestion to move this to the documentation wiki? Not certain
> how open the wiki is to public editing. Thanks Rainer.

It is worth perhaps mentioning that the system account comes with every
windows computer, and is not specific to wpkg in any way.

I think the initial confusion come from the assumption that
"non-passworded" SYSTEM account meant that anybody could log in as
SYSTEM without a password, however in this case "non-passworded" means
cannot be used to log in. Its probably better to think of it as a locked
password. Unlike a standard account it does not show up in any user
lists (that I can see) and it is not possible to change anything,
including the password.

Brian May