[wpkg-users] Installs from start to finish.... [SEC=PERSONAL]

Michael Chinn Michael.Chinn at gbrmpa.gov.au
Fri Oct 17 08:10:46 CEST 2008

I also started out running a similar system,
I have run windows setup originally using unattend, but fell back to
using a ghost image + wpkg.
Even when automated, the clients took 3-4 hours to install. I now
roll-up my current WPKG SOE 1 or 2 times a year into a new ghost image.
This brings total installation time to between 15min-45min for a
desktop, 2-3hours laptop (They're Encrypted).
In fact I just reached 200 managed packages today after 12 months of
using WPKG.
For an organisation with 300 users we have ALOT of software, something
in the order of 400 different active titles. The biggest difficulty is
re-packaging, Appdeploy.com helps alot.

--
Michael Chinn
User Support Officer - Information Technology

Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority
PO Box 1379
TOWNSVILLE, QLD 4810

Ph 07 47500874 Fax 07 4772 6093
michaelc at gbrmpa.gov.au

If you have received this transmission in error please notify us immediately
by return email and delete all copies. Any unauthorised use, disclosure or
distribution of this email is prohibited.