[wpkg-users] File association and Windows Environment Variables

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Oct 21 22:23:19 CEST 2008

Hi Brian,

Brian Reese wrote:
> Everything in WPKG works fine for me except two things. First, for some reason, I cannot get the .js file extension to stay associated with JSFile. Once a machine is rebooted it looses this association and returns to a txt file. I'm not sure if this is something other people have had issues with or if I'm just missing something.

Quite strange, I never experienced a similar problem. Is it possible
that some package is destroying the association?
In any case WPKG does not rely on such association. You might simply
execute 'cscript <path\to\wpkg.js>' - so 'cscript.exe' does not care
about what program *.js is assigned to.

> Second, I cannot get the system variables to apply. I try to set them in the wpkginst.exe advanced settings sections, but it wont work until i set these variables in the windows environment. I'd like it to be able to be set via wpkginst.exe and then export the settings with settings.xml and apply to all other client machines that way. Let me know what im screwing up. Thanks guys.

The variables you set within WPKG client (wpkginst.exe as you call it)
apply to wpkg.js execution environment only. These variables are not add
to system environment. WPKG client will set these variables right before
invoking wpkg.js.