[wpkg-users] WPKG Agent 1.3.5 Install Failure

Leon Hedding (ICT) Leon.Hedding at ict.om.org
Fri Oct 31 16:52:41 CET 2008

Tomasz,

I did not have time to test and reply until now. It does matter if I
have spaces in the path. These are the command lines I am using.

msixexec /i "\\server\share$\app\wpkg agent\wpkg agent.msi"
SETTINGSFILE=\\server\share$\app\wpkg agent\settings.xml /qn ALLUSERS=1
REBOOT=ReallySuppress

AND

msixexec /i "\\server\share$\app\wpkg agent\wpkg agent.msi"
SETTINGSFILE="\\server\share$\app\wpkg agent\settings.xml" /qn
ALLUSERS=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress

The first one fails and tells me that my command line is incorrect. I
assume this because I have spaces in the UNC. The second one fails
because it cannot find the settings file and gives me the error I told
you about before. I have copied the exact error message below.

Product: WPKG -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows
Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as
expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.  Action
_A9459942_EE79_497A_9080_F39DDA8A7B80, location: C:\Program
Files\wpkg\wpkginst.exe, command:
--SETTINGSFILE=\\server\share$\app\wpkg agent\settings.xml

Cheers,

Leon Hedding