[wpkg-users] Custom connecting script always fails

James Cort james.cort at u4eatech.com
Tue Sep 16 15:26:14 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have clients running Windows XP SP2 and a server running Samba.

I'm using WPKG client version 1.2.1 on the clients with offline mode
enabled and my own custom script for offline mode.  The custom script
checks that the PC is on a network with acceptable performance to
connect to the server, creates a system restore point and if all that
went according to plan, returns 0.

I'm having trouble getting the offline script to work.  It runs just
fine from a command line (either running as local system user or as
myself) and I can see from the logs that it happily downloads the script
from the Samba server.  However, I always get the same error in the
Application event log:

Custom connecting script: failed.

My script creates logs to C:\temp\location.log.

When run through wpkg, it seems to stop doing anything as soon as it
hits a command in the batch file which spawns another process.
Certainly line 31 (net start ...)

I've pasted up the batch file and the VBS script it calls at:

http://pastebin.com/m6187e0c4

Any suggestions?

James Cort
--