[wpkg-users] problem with "interactive" installers

Falko Trojahn nospam_ft at smi-softmark.de
Thu Sep 25 08:01:58 CEST 2008

Just answering myself ... forgot something.

Falko Trojahn --> 25.09.2008 07:54:
> Hi Aleks,
>
>> My organization has been using WPKG for the past month or two, and
>> it's been great -- much better than repackaging! :) In the past few
>> days, however, I've noticed a few weird issues with WPKG when it's run
>> as a scheduled task. Specifically:
>>
>> - The Firefox installer hangs.
> for Firefox you must make sure that no other firefox instance is
> running, so especially when running as scheduled task and a user might
> be using Firefox at that moment: perhaps you have to kill firefox by
> using taskkill or pskill (see http://wpkg.org/Firefox)
>
>> - The Cygwin installer refuses to pop up any kind of dialog box, and thus hangs.
> You could check the "show gui" option in Wpkginst when using Wpkg Client.
You didn't specify how you are using "scheduled task". We would install
wpkg client, check the "stop when done" button in Wpkginst, and only do
"net start wpkgservice" in scheduled task.

--
Falko Trojahn                     fon +49-341-3581294
Dipl.-Ingenieur Netzwerke/Support fax +49-341-3581295

SMI Softmark Informationstechnologien GmbH
Sitz: D-04416 Markkleeberg, Friedrich-Ebert-Str. 51
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Leipzig HRB 164
Geschäftsführer: Andreas Griesmann
www.smi-softmark.de www.elektronisches-laborbuch.de