[wpkg-users] WNetAddConnection2-> A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated..

Chris Wilcox not_rich_yet at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 21 15:34:47 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I have a number of sites who have a Linux-based Internet cache/proxy with some preconfigured shared drives for storing user work (school/education).

None have any other servers on site so I was hoping to make use of one of these shared drives for wpkg.  I can install, configure and test the wpkg client on the computers with no problem, all tests pass 'OK', however upon reboot of the PC, wpgk starts up as expected but closes within about 15 seconds.  The Event Viewer error states:

"WNetAddConnection2-> A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.."

No other network drives etc are mapped from these computers to this Linux server and all tests from wpkginst.exe succeed as 'OK' so I am a little confused.  I have to connect to a share as 'Guest' with a simple text password otherwise access is denied, but this information is in the wpkg settings, so any help would be appreciated!  I'd like to avoid the need to purchase any additional hardware to serve wpkg.js and/or software storage and using a PC for this isn't an option either.

Cheers,

Chris