[wpkg-users] USB hardware drivers

Chris Wilcox not_rich_yet at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 1 13:31:34 CEST 2009

If it does work then hundreds of us on a different user forum have been missing a trick for decades!

I've tried in the past to package non-signed drivers for a scanner - even if you create the MSI for them around plugging the device in as an admin level user it still needs this done on the workstation aswell.  It also needs repeated for each 'set' of USB ports on the workstation aswell e.g. once on rear ports, once on front ports.

And then add in all the different hardware configurations and you're on a losing path.

XP/Vista will only install signed drivers under non-admin user accounts.