[wpkg-users] WPKG after user logon

Romuald MAIRE rmaire at delfingen.com
Mon Apr 6 17:53:17 CEST 2009

Tomasz Chmielewski a écrit :

>> Yes i can use logon script, but it won't be easy, because i lose WPKG
>> advantages.
>>
>> Examples of uses i need:
>> -> Install PDF viewer
>
> Can be done globally (i.e. with WPKG started during bootup).
> In fact, it is not very wise to allow users install software.
>
>> and register as default for PDF,
>
> As above, can be done globally.
>
> I'm not sure how though, anyone knows?
>

>> install navigator plugin
>
> As above, can be done globally.
> I.e. check WPKG wiki for examples on installing plugins with Firefox.
>

>> or auto-import user preferences.
>
> This is a tricky one which can't be done globally.
>

>> It is easier if the package do that, no check if installed and i can
>> manage all in package declaration ...

Yes you're right, but if i want to register extentions or install
plugins without environment, i must write my own commands and adapt them
with programs evolutions ...

If i use build-in commands like "myprogram.exe /register", it's easy to
keep up to date and i'm sure it works !

And i think lots of users will be happy to do that i ask for ! I will be
an option for example ? What do you thing about that ?