[wpkg-users] WPKG after user logon [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Apr 7 12:06:06 CEST 2009

Romuald MAIRE schrieb:

>> Also, I think everyone will be glad to hear if it worked for you and
>> what changes you made.
> I'm thinking about that, and another problem ... Can WPKG take rights
> and environment of the currently logged user ?

I don't think any Windows program can.
You always need to supply username *and* password to execute programs as
other users, even if you are SYSTEM or Administrator.
In fact, that was one more reason to write WPKG Client:
* if you want to start WPKG in Scheduled Tasks, you have two choices:
   1) start the task as SYSTEM - which means your software share
probably has to be guest-readable
   2) start the task as Administrator and supply a password

The problem with 2) is:
- if Admin password changes, your task doesn't work any more
- from time to time, for some reason, Windows keep "forgetting" the
password specified in the Task Scheduler, even if the password wasn't
changed. As a result, the task doesn't work any more. I observed it on
dozens of workstations.

> Because i don't know which user will logon on computers, all users are
> domain users ...

Start it in a logonscript.