[wpkg-users] Strange bug found in WPKG client

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Thu Apr 16 16:15:38 CEST 2009

Hi Luca,

Actually this is a "strange bug" in WPKG server (wpkg.js), and not in the client
I would say.

luca_manganelli at comune.trento.it wrote:
> I've installed wpkg client on a machine with GIMP 2.6.4 installed and I
> have the 2.6.5 package.
>
> The strange thing is that when I synchronize, it checks this:
>

>    <check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="GIMP 2.6.5"/>
>
> it says that the check is right and therefore it doesn't install the 2.6.5.
>
> I use WPKG Client 1.3.6 and latest WPKG.js 1.1 M21.

Interesting, your description looks like absolutely correct output of WPKG if an
uninstall entry "GIMP 2.6.5" would exist. Are you 100% sure (by searching the
System registry) that souch an uninstall entry does not exist? It might not
appear within the control panel but might be there in the registry.

WPKG is doing a simple string-comparison on all uninstall entries found in the
registry - so yes, I am quite sure your system already has an uninstall entry
called "GIMP 2.6.5".

If not, then please provide the full package XML file and also provide a full
debug log.