[wpkg-users] WNetAddConnection2-> A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated..

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Apr 21 17:10:32 CEST 2009

Adam Williams schrieb:
> ok thanks for the clarification, I wasn't trying to sound like an ass in
> my previous message.  I just know at my employer I've had users who
> think they know how to fix computers (but all they can do is break them)
> do more harm then good, but since we went to roaming profiles/active
> directory/etc a few years ago when I started steering the ship, I and
> made them all regular users and only IT support staff are
> administrators, that ended the problems.
>
> Xen is always good for saving power.  It's similar to VMWare, you can
> run multiple virtual computers on one PC at once.  So you could create
> yourself a Linux server on an already existing computer.  Some of
> VMware's products are free, like ESX server, too, so you might look into
> that.

Proxmox VE is IMHO very good virtualization product:

http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Main_Page

It is based on Debian and KVM (kernel virtual machine).

> Does each school have a firewall at their perimeter?  Are they networked
> together via a VPN, or wide area network?  Is your bandwidth billed by
> the gigabyte or unlimited, and how fast are the school's connections and
> # of computers?  You could put your file server in a DMZ on your
> firewall and have all school computers update from it (but that may not
> be a good idea depending on how much bandwidth and computers your
> schools have and how much you are billed for bandwidth, or do it only at
> schools with no server).  But you could keep your current setup and just
> have the remote servers grab the latest config and packages with ssh+rsync.

Bigger setups (multiple branches) may also consider using packages.

Just do something like:

apt-get install wpkg-firefox wpkg-drivers-nx6325

And everything rolls out to your server...