[wpkg-users] WNetAddConnection2-> A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated..

Pendl Stefan stefan.pendl at haidlmair.at
Wed Apr 22 12:52:06 CEST 2009

Chris Wilcox wrote:

> Chris Wilcox schrieb:
> > An update to my previous issue:
> >
> > The beta wpkg client still showed the same error.
> >
> > I then tried the 'execute before/execute after' options to map a drive
> > to the wpkg folder on the Linux server and unmap it afterwards, pointing
> > the wpkg.js etc to this drive letter - works perfectly so far :)
> >
> > Execute before:
> >
> > net use x: \\servername\sharename\wpkg
> > <file://\\servername\sharename\wpkg> /user:servername\username password
> >
> > Execute after:
> >
> > net use /delete /y x:
> >
> > I'll be trying this again over the next week or two to double-check
> > things, but I see no reason why it won't work across all the sites I
> > need it to as it works fine at the first site I tried!
>
> Did you add proper credentials in WPKG Client to access the share before
> you tried to "net use..."?

Yes I did - that was always the strange thing, if I clicked 'Test' in the wpkg config window with the suitable credentials entered then the tests all passed a 'OK', it was only during the boot process that wpkg failed and the error was shown in Event Viewer with the wnetaddconnection error.

Chris

Since you are installing at boot, the logged on user or any other service has already connected to that share or server.
Windows does not allow multiple connections using different credentials.

---
Stefan