[wpkg-users] WPKG Client (1.0.4) with /logLevel:31 but almost no information in logfile

Frank Thommen structures-it at embl-heidelberg.de
Thu Apr 30 14:56:56 CEST 2009

Frank Thommen wrote:
> Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>> Frank Thommen schrieb:
>>
>>> [...]
>> There are two components here:
>> - WPKG Client - it starts wpkg.js
>> - WPKG (wpkg.js) - it installs programs etc.
>>
>> Both have independent logging.
>>
>> Logging for WPKG (wpkg.js) is specified in config.xml file.
>

> OK. My misconception was, that the settings from the WPKG client GUI in
> fact *were* settings for wpkg.js.

Now that I'm through all that I can say, that my initial assumption was
correct:  The settings defined through the WPKG Client GUI are indeed
for wpkg.js.  Therefore for single debugging sessions it's much easier
to define them there than in the config.xml file.

My problem was, that I was just looking for the logfiles in the wrong
%TEMP%.

Cheers

     frank