[wpkg-users] WPKG with winexe (as an alternative to WPKG Client)

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Dec 21 12:47:24 CET 2009

As we all know, WPKG Client does not work reliably on some hardware
configurations and generally broke when SP3 was released for Windows XP.

So I wrote a small bash script as an alternative method of starting WPKG
(wpkg.js) on Windows workstations and it works well for me on a couple
of Samba servers.

Good news is that no client-side installation/configuration is needed.

Samba, bash and winexe are needed, so this will not work for Active
Directory users (unless someone rewrites it to use psexec) - but they
can use startup scripts, so no big issue here.

You can find more info and source code on:

http://wpkg.org/WPKG_with_winexe

Feel free to comment, send corrections (as patches) etc.