[wpkg-users] jre silent install on seven

Fabrice Flore-Thebault themroc at centsix.org
Wed Dec 16 14:59:53 CET 2009

On Wednesday 16 December 2009 12:24:51 Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Am 16.12.2009 12:17, Fabrice Flore-Thebault wrote:
> > I'm currently blocked on the JRE deployment : the command line is working
> > when run interactively, not when run by wpkg. I got a 1619 error.
>
> Error 1619 means msiexec can't access the msi package:
>
> http://wpkg.org/MSI:_Windows_Installer

Ho i didn't knew this page , thanks !

> There can be different reasons for this (insufficient permissions, wrong
> paths, typos etc.).

I use a GPO to run dpkg. Files are on a windows server share with read access
to "Everyone" in the domain, so permissions should not be an issue.

For XP or Vista hosts everything is OK, installation of every pasckage
including jre is running without problems... So long for wrong path and typos.

On Seven (64bit), i had to adapt some other packages which now deploy
correctly, but on jre the exact error is :

Command 'taskkill /f /im jqs.exe /im iexplore.exe /im firefox.exe' returned
exit code [128]. This exit code is not an error.
Command in installation of Java Runtime Environment 6 Update 17 returned exit
code [128]. This exit code indicates success.
Beginning a Windows Installer transaction: C:
\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_17\jre1.6.0_17.msi.
Client Process Id: 2536.
Ending a Windows Installer transaction: C:
\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\jre1.6.0_17\jre1.6.0_17.msi.
Client Process Id: 2536.
Could not process (install) package 'Java Runtime Environment 6 Update 17'
(java6):
Exit code returned non-successful value (1619) on command
'%SOFTWARE%\jre\jre-6u17-windows-i586-s.exe /s IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1
ADDLOCAL=ALL REBOOT=Suppress JAVAUPDATE=0 JU=0 AUTOUPDATECHECK=0'.

When i run the same command in a shell (replacing %SOFTWARE% by the correct
path, with an admin user, JRE gets installed without problem.

It's driving me mad ... The two "Windows Installer transaction" don't appear
in XP. I suspect i am not aware on some new mechanism of installation in
Seven, but i'm confused about how to investigate ...

Does a irc chan exist for WPKG ?

--
Fabrice Flore-Thébault